A home sleep test is a very accessible and cost effective way of diagnosing sleep problems, such as snoring or sleep apnea. It is important to recognise the symptoms and take this simple test to see if you’re at risk. This will enable you to seek quality treatment for sleep disorders as early and as quickly as possible.
Home sleep testing by The CPAP Room is carried out using the latest technologies from the world’s leading sleep companies. A home sleep test, sometimes called a sleep study, is a non-invasive, overnight test. A small device records your sleeping habits, including factors like snoring, frequency of apneas, oxygen levels, and sleeping positions.
Your GP can help recognise symptoms associated with the disorder and will recommend a home sleep test if needed.
The Test Process
The process for you or your partner to undergo this test is:
- Contact us to arrange a consultation with our trained Sleep Specialist.
- At the consultation we’ll provide you with the diagnostic equipment and setup for your sleep test at home.
- Back at home, while you sleep the diagnostic equipment, which consists of a small device, will record information about your sleeping habits. This will measure factors like snoring, frequency of apneas, oxygen levels, sleeping positions and more.
- The next day when the test is completed, you’ll return the diagnostic equipment to us.
- We’ll send the data to our trained sleep scientist who will analyse the results. Our Sleep Physician will report and provide the final diagnosis and possible sleep solutions depending on severity.
If you are diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea, we can help you determine which CPAP machine would suit you best. Following the initial consult, we’ll follow up with you weekly to optimise which is the best machine and treatment to control your sleep apnoea. We use machines from popular manufacturers so we always have machines that suit you.
Download a referral for your GP to request the test.